Series: Digitization M&A • Vol. 1
Karl Michael Popp
Digitization of Mergers and Acquisitions: The Due Diligence Phase
Tasks and automation
The goal of this book is to lay the foundations for the end-to-end automation of the M&A process.
What is new in this book
- Business model due diligence which deals with the business model of the target and its compatibility with the business model of the buyer.
- Operations model due diligence which looks at the implementation of the business model with the help of resources in an organization. Resources can be employees, machines or computers.
- New form of strategic due diligence which deals with the target’s strategy and its compatibility with the buyer’s strategy.
- During due diligence, plans for merger integration are examined in the form of a merger integration due diligence.
- Goals and objectives are defined for all tasks.
- Inclusion of applications in the functional due diligence instead of only in the IT due diligence.
- A complete data model for due diligence.
The book is aimed at managers and employees of corporate development teams, strategy and M&A departments, managers responsible for M&A and post-merger integration as well as students and teachers in the field of M&A.
About the author
Dr. Karl Michael Popp (http://www.drkarlpopp.com) works in the Corporate Development Team at SAP. He works on Mergers and Acquisitions, responsible for product due diligence and post-merger integrations. He is a renowned expert, speaker and author on the subjects of mergers and acquisitions, post-merger integration and the software business.